This gluten-free, healthy cookie recipe is made with peanut butter and whole oats as the main ingredients. So there is no flour, butter, or oil included in the recipe. Not only are they guilt free, they also take no time to whip up - ready in around 20 minutes to be exact.
Healthy Peanut Butter & Oat Cookies
Makes approximately 12-14 cookies
Prep time: approximately 10mins
Cook time: approximately 7-9mins
1 cup smooth peanut butter
2 tablespoons honey
4 tablespoons brown sugar
1/2 cup oats
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 large egg
1/2 cup milk & dark chocolate chips (or nuts/raisins if you prefer)
1. Preheat the oven to 180ºC.
2. In a medium sized bowl stir together the peanut butter, honey, and brown sugar.
3. Add oats, salt, baking soda, and vanilla extract and stir until combined.
4. In a separate bowl lightly beat the egg and then add it to the mixture.
5. Stir in chocolate chip mixture (or substitute as per your choice).
6. Continue stirring until combined and then use a cookie scoop to scoop out the dough. Press the dough very tightly in the cookie scoop to form the balls.
7. Form the balls onto a cookie sheet and bake for 7-9 minutes or until brown around the edges.
8. Once cooked, remove and allow to cool completely.
Made these cookies? We would love to know your thoughts. Feel free to share your comments below!